Sunday, December 25, 2011

Now At the Lever House: The Magical World of Paula Hayes

The best part about going to the doctor is that my doctor's office is right across the street from the Lever House.  I always stop in when I'm in the neighborhood, not only because it is one of my most favorite modern, international style buildings, designed by one of my favorite architects of that time period, Gordon Bunshaft of S.O.M., but also because the lobby is an art gallery, and there is always something interesting on view there.  This time, the work of Paula Hayes is on display, and she has transformed the lobby into a peaceful oasis in the middle of crazy midtown.  Not only is there a giant blob shaped fish bowl and many lush plants, but the sound of water fills the lobby as you explore this strange new world.  















No comments:

Post a Comment