Friday, May 29, 2009

No Really, I'm Fine...

Its hard to express your feelings sometimes. That's why I like MoodJam.org, a website that allows you to express your feelings in colors. Above are some of my feelings from the last few months.

I found this other website, WeFeelFine.org, that,

"has been harvesting human feelings from a large number of weblogs. Every few minutes, the system searches the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling". When it finds such a phrase, it records the full sentence, up to the period, and identifies the "feeling" expressed in that sentence (e.g. sad, happy, depressed, etc.)"

This information is saved in a database of human emotion, that can be displayed in different visual styles such as "Madness," "Murmers," and "Montage."


And all of this reminds me of Infosthetics.org, a blog entirely devoted to "the symbiotic relationship between creative design and the field of information visualization. More specifically, it collects projects that represent data or information in original or intriguing ways." (They have a post about WeFeelFine.)

And in case you're wondering, it was my friend Stephen that introduced me to Infosthetics many years ago, and you should check out his blogs too (he has a few).

No comments:

Post a Comment