Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ArcheDream for Humankind

Hey Readers,

I've returned from the woods and I'm back with all kinds of great new inspiration and information for you.

One of the highlights of my 4th of July weekend is that I had the opportunity to see ArcheDream for Humankind perform. They are a dance company that incorporates black light into their performances, creating a vast new world of possibilities in their shows. The dancers wear costumes that glow with hundreds of colors, beautifully detailed masks, and they seem to float through the air. The company invites dancers from all backgrounds from all backgrounds of dance to join, and incorporates many different styles of dance into their choreography.

The show we saw is called Chorus of Dreams - a 60 minute, 3 part show that covers the past, present, and future of life in America and the New American Dream. It was written in collboration with composer Eric "EO" Oberthaler, of The Brass Menažeri. As I haven't gotten my pictures developed yet, here's a trailer of the show for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment