Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicago Folk and Roots Festival



I'm still catching up on sharing all of the photos from my trip to Chicago and all of the great things I did and saw, like the Robie House, and the Pitchfork Music Festival.

Summers in Chicago are great for many reasons, but one of the best things is that there is so much free music happening everywhere.  I went with the great Julie Meckler to the Chicago Folk and Roots Festival next to the Old Town School of Folk Music.  We saw a lot of great musicians from all around the world, but the best part of the whole thing was the Puppet Bike!





We also saw this guy, Baloji, a Congolese hip-hop/rumba/soul/rap artist.  I love his outfit.






LE JOUR D'APRES / SIKU YA BAADAYE (INDEPENDANCE CHA-CHA) from BALOJI on Vimeo.


And the Soul Sonic Sircus!!  Take jazz, hip-hop, acrobatics and a performing Pit Bull and put it all together and that's what you get. They are so amazing that I didn't take any good pictures of them because I was too busy watching.











No comments:

Post a Comment