Saturday, August 27, 2011

Farnsworth House: Part II (interior)

This is a follow up to my last post about the Farnsworth House.  To read it click here.  To read about the rest of my trip to Chicago, click here.

I just have to say, before I let you go to look at the pictures, that I wasn't as impressed with this house as I thought I was supposed to be.  For all the hype and fuss, I really can't say that I would ever want to live in this house.  The detailing and materials are beautifully done, but the experience of being in the house didn't do it for me.  It was such a contrast to my visit to the Robie House.  I felt that the floating white slabs were such an aggressive contrast to the landscape, and it really wasn't peaceful to me at all in that it didn't seem like a place where a person could really live.  Not only that, but it looks better in the pictures than in real life, which I think is never a good thing.  That's the best I can explain it for now.  Anyways, this blog isn't about the words, its about the pictures , but feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think about it.























No comments:

Post a Comment