Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jungle Gym Circus Inspiration

A few years ago, I helped design and build this:



(You can read more about it here.)  That has led me to develop a fascination with the circus, acrobats, and their equipment they climb on, as a great way to learn about architecture, and how the forms of things inform certain choreographies.

So now I find myself working on the design of another climbing structure, this one much bigger, and for now top secret.  But I can tell you that I have found a great source of inspiration in the most obvious but overlooked place - the playground.


This particular playground, recommended to me by a friend, has all of its jungle gyms build from basic industrial materials, and I think its great. 


If you're interested in learning more about playground design, I recommend the blog Playscapes.











No comments:

Post a Comment